Monday, February 27, 2012

Turtle Time

Last week was very stressful at work for me with a lot of deadlines due.  Sometimes, it is easy to get caught up in the workload and get bogged down.  At one point I just needed a break in the middle of day.  We have been having some unseasonably warm weather here and decided to take advantage of it and go outside and get some fresh air.  It was such a beautiful day that I ended up walking down the street where there is a little pond between 2 office buildings.  I have driven by before and noticed ducks on the pond, but as I got closer to my amazemaent I saw tons of turtles sunning themselves on the bank of the pond.  What a beautiful sight.  It really made me smile and realize that I needed to take more time to appreciate the little things in life and not let the things don't matter get me down.  By just taking 20 minutes to walk outside and enjoy God's creation I went back to my desk re-energized.  Sometimes, you just need to look around and take a deep breath!
Ephesians 6:11
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

No comments:

Post a Comment