Saturday, September 8, 2012

Round and Round in Maui

On my first full day in Maui I woke up at 4:30 am (darn time change).  I took that the time to plan out my day.  I used some of 1 free hour of internet service to figure out the "Road to Hana" I alway heard so much about.  I wrote down the direction and all the mile marker stops the site recommended.  By 6 am I was ready to go.  I headed out all excited, starting on 30.  I was looking for a turn off to 380.  After a while the road got trecherous, curvy and with one lane bridges.  Just like I had read about.  But, I was still on 30.  The views were gorgeous, but none of the mile markers made sense.  After a couple hours things started to look familiar again.  WTF, I had just gone in a big circle around the coast of West Maui.  By this time is was 9:30 and I was starving!  I stopped at Aloha Mixed Plate for breakfast and decided to just have a beach day!  Went to Ka'annapali beach by Whalers Village (Black Rock) and lazed around reading.  At about 3, it started raining so I took that as a sign to head in and take a shower.  Once I was cleaned up I went to Front Street in downtown Lahaina and browsed around the shops.  Picked up some food to go and ate on my patio (lanai) watching the sun set.  The perfect end to the almost perfect day....  Next time I will bring a map!

No comments:

Post a Comment