Monday, July 16, 2012

Surf Camp in Hawaii

I am officially freaking out!  I have only 51 days until I leave for Surf Camp...Woo Hoo, but Yikes!  I visited Hawaii for the first time in 2004 and immediately had a connection.  I love the ocean, but there was just something magical about the ocean in Hawaii.  Maybe it was because I had finally made it to Hawaii and YES, it lived up to every one of my expectation.  I have been back 3 times since then and each time I look out at the waves with longing...I want to ride those waves.  However, our visits have been a family affair.  How much can I really accomplish by taking a 2 hour surf lesson?  Their goal is to get you up on the board, not actually teach you want to do so you can go out on your own.  I need commit to the goal, live it every day, submerge myself in it.  Well, I am finally going to get that chance, an entire week by myself at a women's only surf camp.  Now, with only 51 days, am I ready?  I just have a little over 6 weeks to get ready.  I must now focus all my energy in the next 6 weeks to getting ready.  Yesterday, I spent 2 hours at the gym where my hubby gave me an intense workout with weights.  Ouch, I am feeling it today.  I am going to keep it going with a healthy focus on diet and getting in shape!  So far today I have been good.  Lunch was leftovers from last night, salmon, rice and peas, plus a banana.  Going to yoga tonight after work.  That is my downfall I get so busy at work I miss the yoga class or I am just too tired to go.  New strategy, I packed my yoga clothes so I can change in the bathroom and go straight from work....

Keeping my eye on the prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment